The foundation of the AIMM learning experience is comprehensive medication management across the entire interdisciplinary health care team. In order to optimize outcomes, this is a patient-centered approach and is accomplished through a four-step process:
- Assessment of the patient’s medication-related needs
- Identification of the patient’s medication-related problems (MRPs)
- Development of a care plan with individualized therapy goals and personalized interventions
- Follow-up evaluations to determine actual patient outcomes.
AIMM offers a unique collaborative experience for health care organizations. It focuses on three core sets of values that enable participants to leverage their current work to achieve bigger and better results: Organizational Experience and Education; Transformational Leadership; and Collaboration and Interaction.
Organizational Experience and Education
- Enables organizations to expose front line staff to systematic, evidence-based frameworks for systems change and teaches them to apply these techniques to run quality improvement cycles to scale up and expand care models that advance better care, reduce costs, and improve patient outcomes.
- Engage in conversations and network with peers across the healthcare spectrum; access to national experts; and coaching from learning facilitators.
- Participate in series of learning events, access to special topic webinars, resources and tools, instructional review on measures and performance reporting.
- Develop your organization’s “Leadership Voice” and encourage colleagues and peers to join the campaign to bring health and safety to high-risk patients.
- Receive coaching and instruction to develop performance stories around outcome results and share with the collaborative for a national repository of results.
- Celebrate and recognize leading best practices and successful performance breakthroughs.
Collaboration and Interaction
- Experience learning events designed to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Access to national experts and learning coaches to provide technical assistance and one-on-one coaching.
- Network with a national peer group to gain solutions and answers to common challenges.